Our client has turned to us to find a rock star Vice President of New Product Development & Research. Long known for their exciting and innovative hair care and skincare products, they are ready to grow into the next chapter of product offerings and are seeking a research professional with the skills and experience needed to cultivate and grow their brand offerings. We are helping them to hire the right person for the next 10+ years of exciting growth!
Working with marketing this role is a critical part of the management team’s efforts to create and extend iconic beauty brands with clinically-tested products that deliver measurable real-world results to their customers. Responsibility for product development timelines and processes will lay with this key member who will also source and oversee outside contract manufacturing vendors. A strong work history of marketplace successes in similar products is needed.
- Lead all product development efforts
- Oversee product positioning and (with the marketing team) direct messaging across all sales channels
- Conduct market research in focused categories of personal care (hair care, skincare & wellness)
- Work with scientific laboratories around claims substantiation
- Negotiate and supervise work of outside contract manufacturing partners
- Conduct research into new products and line extension around innovative technologies
- 10+ years of hands-on product development and formulation experience in hair care and skincare
- 5+ years of management of employees
- Hands-on understanding of the personal care manufacturing process and experience with CMO’s
- Previous product launch experience
- Strong project management, communication and leadership skills
- Bachelors or Masters in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering strongly preferred
This firm is one of a handful of truly fast-growing companies in this space of the industry and has a 15-year track record of consistent successes. New lines are ready to be developed and launched while established brands are ripe for reformulation and extension. Their philosophy is to work hard and get recognized! Are you ready for the challenge? Come join this health and wellness team and grow your career again!
If you meet the above qualifications and are ready to be a part of the change this employer is driving across the personal care industry in a collegiate work environment that acknowledges and respects it’s workforce, send your resume to the information listed below. Be sure to include the following title and job ID# in your response: Vice President – New Product Development – 2637B.
Get Started Today
Call us at (609) 644-4940 or contact us online.