Our client firm is a privately-owned manufacturer of cosmetic and pharmaceutical packaging selling into the beauty and related (cosmetics, personal care, pharmaceutical and OTC) industries. As such they manufacturer a range of primary packaging solutions across the eyes, lips, face and skincare range. This firm is known for its follow-through and commitment to quality service and products. They see their reputation for excellence as their strongest sales offering followed by caring and knowledgeable employees.
Having been in business for more than 4 decades, they have serviced nearly every major beauty company with their custom packaging designs as well as stock bottles, tubes and containers. With a family culture and rich rewards package most employees stay 10 or more years. It’s not unusual for employees to stay for 20-30 years growing into new roles at the company until retirement!
Because of continued growth they are seeking a Vice President of Cosmetics Packaging Sales to both generate new business and manage key accounts. This position, selling primarily to the NYC-Metro market, has no limits in potential earnings with committed and passionate management who provide a flexible working environment and autonomy.
This role is a mixture of account management and new business development targeting the cosmetics/beauty industry sector which is located primarily in the New York City-metro area. Your responsibilities will be to drive sales growth, meet revenue targets, perform prospecting and new business development, perform lead generation, and other duties.
A typical work week will include 3 ½ days in the field meeting with customer and prospects, a home office day and a ½ day at the corporate office. This position reports directly to the president and offers a lot of freedom to perform and the required inside sales support to be successful. Initiative and positivity are needed to be successful in this lightly-supervised positions.
- Managing the sales processes within each account and developing unique/engaging sales strategies to promote products
- Establishing and maintaining strong commercial relationships with customers in order to grow the client base
- Analysis of existing accounts’ performance and implementation of valid recommendations
- Gaining insight of competitor activity and performance
- Educating customers on new products and innovation to create awareness and demand
- Applying knowledge of the industry along with company products and services to assist customers and prospects in making informed purchasing decisions
- Car travel to customer locations to complete sales (less than 4 overnight trips per year, each less than a week)
- 10+ years of cosmetics and/or personal care packaging sales experience (plastic, paper, glass, metal)
- Successful track record of generating new business & following up/tracking leads
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong project management and tracking skills
The company offers full benefits, vacation, car allowance, a competitive salary and a rich commission structure. Come join a growing team!
If you are an industry professional seeking a stable career, enjoy meeting and working with people, and are ready to drive success factors in a family-like work environment, send your resume to the information listed below. Be sure to include job ID# in your response 1021A.
Get Started Today
Call us at (609) 644-4940 or contact us online.