Because of strong and consistent growth, this well-known provider of cosmetics packaging and turnkey solutions is looking for several skilled Project Managers to expand their team. They are a well-recognized name in the beauty marketplace with decades of best-selling products on the market for their clients. Because of another record-breaking year of sales, we have been asked to identify professionals with 2-10+ years of experience helping customers bring their beauty product vision into reality. If you have done this and are a beauty projects junkie, passionate about creating new products for the market, this is a dream job.
Working closely with their sales team, these professionals guide projects from inception to completion, overseeing details and timelines. These are problem solvers, working to identify solutions and sourcing the right options for a client’s particular needs. Project managers at this firm often grow into other roles in time including in sales, procurement, and marketing. The sky is the limit when you have spent a few years honing your skills in this role as it exposes you to all the steps in the creation process and builds transferable skills for many other positions in the beauty industry. And many of their Project Managers love the role so much that they simply grow into senior roles in the same skill set.
Where else can you work on a mass market hair care product one day, a prestige color cosmetic for the world’s largest beauty company the next, then start work on a foot powder for a personal care brand, and finish the week bringing a pressed eye shadow to life for a beauty blogger? Those who love variety, autonomy, and the creativity required to be successful love this role that touches nearly every part of the company and interacts closely with clients.
- Lead development & assessment of product solutions that deliver on consumer’s product goals.
- Provide communication with all involved in a timely manner to ensure projects keep to schedule.
- Work with vendors to secure all necessary packaging, artwork, formulation and final product.
- Collaborate with internal providers of services as needed to construct the project work flow schedule.
- Create costing overviews and oversee management of steps in the process assigning ownership.
- Provide weekly meetings with clients and vested parties.
- Resolve concerns as they develop and work to provide customer satisfaction with the final product and the process.
Candidates at the junior and senior level who meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply. Bring the following skills and experience to the table for immediate consideration:
- 2-10+ years of experience in product development or project management within cosmetics, skincare, hair care, or personal care
- Superb communication skills.
- Strong organization, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Bachelors degree desired
If you meet the above qualifications and are ready to be a part of the change this employer is achieving within the beauty industry by working in a collegiate work environment that acknowledges and respects its workforce, send your resume to the information listed below. Strong pay and a competitive benefits package is available for the right person.
Be sure to include the following job title and ID# in your response: Project Manager – Cosmetics – NYC Metro 0506Z.
Get Started Today
Call us at (609) 644-4940 or contact us online.