Come Grow With US!
Are you ready for a change that could be your last career move? Are you sick of rush-hour traffic and long commutes? Are you ready to grow your management skills in a manufacturing environment that values it’s employees and their individual contributions? If so this opportunity could be the one you have been waiting to find!
This decades old, independent cosmetics manufacturer is poised for more expansion and lacks only one thing ~ a talented Plant Manager to lead them forward. Reporting directly to CEO/Founder and General Manager you will oversee all aspects of this division of the company. Here you won’t find a broken organization, but one that is thriving and needing added leadership for more projected growth ahead. Financial resources, executive guidance, and a talented sales teams are all in place. They just need a strong manufacturing leader to oversee the projected additional backend growth.
In this role you will have autonomy to create the change you and the management team envision as all employees within this division report up to this person. My client wants someone with past success in driving others towards greatness through their own leadership example of hard work and skilled listening and communicating abilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversight of entire division manufacturing responsibilities, personnel and facilities
- Supervision of 50+ hourly employees (with 4 direct reports) including compounders, engineers, chemists, quality, warehouse, packaging & office staff + seasonal staff of 200 pickers/assemblers
- Oversee procurement of materials, ingredients and packaging in a timely and cost effective manner
- Manage materials and manpower to ensure that the daily production plans are met
- Control material flows and inventory accuracy through the use of dedicated software system
- Train and certify hourly personnel in their specific job duties
- Drive responsibility to the lowest level
- Manage employee safety and welfare problems
- Maintain spending within budget guidelines for labor, material and supplies
- Ensure all GMP’s and regulatory guidelines are met
- Recommend and implement cost reduction programs
Requirements for Job Success:
- 10+ years manufacturing experience in Cosmetics, Skincare, Personal Care or Liquid Foods industry
- 5+ years supervisory/management experience managing 20+ team members
- Strong history of sourcing, negotiating and buying ingredients and packaging
- Proven national relationship with industry suppliers
- Hands-on understanding of liquids manufacturing processes
- Strong communication skills with a diverse employee base (Spanish a plus)
- Contract manufacturing work experience strongly desired
If you are an industry professional with a STABLE work history and are ready to drive success factors in an environment that rewards and respects its workforce, send your resume to the information listed below. Competitive pay and benefits as well as relocation assistance available to the right individual. Be sure to include the following job title and ID# in your response: Plant Manager – 1820C.
Get Started Today
Call us at (609) 644-4940 or contact us online.