Growth means opportunity! And so the timing is right to add a Director of Package Engineering to this global primary packaging leader’s US-based team. Long known for innovation and trend-setting Cosmetics and Skincare Packaging, this firm is seeking someone with a record of similar marketplace successes. Come join a rising leader whose products are creating a wave of innovation across the industry!
Rapid and consistent marketplace growth have justified this expansion position. The role will help drive sales growth through engineering support while overseeing a small team of local package development engineers. Few companies have amassed a track record of market success as quickly and consistently as this company. Competitors will agree they are formidable with competitive pricing and high-quality products.
Our client is seeking an individual with experience developing innovative packaging within the cosmetics and skincare industry to help guide the expansion of this department. National travel to key accounts and international travel to product launches is required so someone comfortable with 40% travel is sought.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of global custom tools in Northern America
- Direct communication with key clients
- Supervise the timelines at our key clients and ensure commitments are met
- Drive an aggressive agenda of customer interaction around innovation
- Manage a bi-coastal group of package engineers
- Work with resin suppliers towards sustainable solutions driven by our main clients’ requirements
- Create technical presentations to support sales efforts
- Travel to suppliers for line trials and production startups
Candidates who meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- BS in Package Engineering, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering (preferred)
- 10 years of Package Engineering experience in Cosmetics, Color Makeup and Skincare with a proven track record of success
- Effective time management skills and ability to manage multiple project timelines
- Experience managing or supervising (or someone who shows a strong ability to do so)
- A curious and exploring mind (innovation is a key component to success in this role)
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well with others in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated and recent expertise drawing in 3D CAD/CAM software (such as SolidWorks) desired but not required
If you meet the above qualifications and are ready to be a part of the change this global employer is driving across the cosmetics packaging industry, send your resume to the information listed below. Be sure to include the following title and job ID# in your response: Director of Package Engineering – NYC-Metro – 4707B. Competitive compensation (including a strong bonus plan), a generous vacation allowance and career growth opportunities as well as relocation assistance await the right individual. Apply today!
Get Started Today
Call us at (609) 644-4940 or contact us online.