It’s not all that common for a search firm to get opportunities in our industry within Research & Development for professionals with only 2 years of experience but that is the threshold our client is seeking and preferring no more than 5 years total within Personal Care. This could be in skincare, cosmetics, haircare or OTC but they believe in this approach to hiring so much they offer top dollar to bring about the right people even with limited experience.
The company has been experiencing astounding growth in the past 5 years in particular and anticipates this position being critical to their continued expansion meaning additional promotional opportunities are likely with continued expansion. Do you have an open-minded approach to your work, employ solid scientific principles when solving problems, and have a customer-focused sense of urgency? This could be the right fit for you! If you are more prone towards a generalist’s day with lots of interaction with overlapping company departments and enjoy small amounts of international travel, we want to talk to you.
- Formulation, new product application development and assessment of polymer technology used in a variety of personal care applications.
- Ensure physical stability, efficacy, consumer appeal, processing capabilities and cost effectiveness.
- Take personal care products from initial product conception through first production, including but not limited to product formulation, documentation, scale-up, and process development.
- Assist in the development of new formulations for different personal care products and cosmetics
- Assist in the formulation of product prototypes and evaluate them for chemical and physical properties, performance, and stability.
Bring the following skills and experience to the table for immediate consideration:
- B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering, Biology or Chemistry (or related)
- 2-5 years product development and formulation experience in Personal Care which can include skincare, hair care, nail care, cosmetics and OTC
- Willingness to travel up to 20%
- Strong Communication and Leadership Skills
If you are an industry professional with a STABLE work history and are ready to drive success factors in an environment that rewards and respects its workforce, send your resume to the information listed below. Be sure to include the following job title and ID# in your response: Development Scientist – Personal Care – 1918A.
Candidates that meet the above requirements will receive a response, so for best consideration address how you meet each of the required bullets above in a brief cover letter. Excellent pay and a competitive benefits package is available for the right person.
Get Started Today
Call us at (609) 644-4940 or contact us online.