The cosmetic market is an extremely competitive landscape. Consumers have countless options for just about every product out there, so brands are tasked with both making their version superior and finding a way to for it to stand out on the shelf. Unfortunately, customers can’t walk the aisles of a store testing out different products, so they often rely on the packing to guide their decision-making process.
Packaging is a key part of helping shoppers to notice, and ultimately purchase one product over another. Getting the packaging right is certainly no easy task. Companies are tasked with choosing an eye-catching design that perfectly reflects the exact brand design requirements. Plus, packaging trends are constantly changing, so it’s important for companies to stay on the cutting edge.
7 Cosmetic Packaging Trends for 2018
Just when you think cosmetic packages can’t get any more innovative, another savvy trend hits the market, continuously showcasing the minds of this industry’s brilliant creatives. Seven of the latest developments that will hit the shelves this year include:
- Food Inspired Packaging: Think lip gloss in a package that resembles a lollipop.
- Multi-Functional Packaging: Makes it possible for consumers to purchase one product and use it for multiple purposes.
- Customizable Packaging: A signature look for each of a company’s products that creates instant brand recognition.
- Formula Inside/Out Packaging: Innovative product formulas are reflected on the outside of the packaging through detailed designs like metallic soft touch and 3D glitter.
- Textured Packaging: The use of new materials, combined with existing packaging, to create a unique presentation.
- Open Packaging: Allows people to peek into the package and see the product inside without having to open it.
- 3D Printed Packaging: A special decoration effect that gives the package a tactile finish.
Whether you need an expert in merchandising and retail recruiting, or a vendor that truly understands logistics and distribution staffing as it relates to our unique industry, the cosmetic and beauty industry recruiters at Momentum Search Consultants have the years of experience needed to successfully complete your talent searches. Contact us today to get started.