Our client firm is a privately-owned manufacturer of cosmetic and pharmaceutical packaging selling into the beauty and related (cosmetics, personal care, pharmaceutical and OTC) industries. As such they manufacturer a range of primary packaging solutions across the eyes, lips, face and skincare range. This firm is known for it’s follow-through and commitment to quality service and products. They see their reputation for excellence as their strongest sales offering followed by caring and knowledgeable employees.
Having been in business for more than 4 decades, they have serviced nearly every major beauty company with their custom packaging designs as well as stock bottles, tubes and containers. With a family culture and rich rewards package most employees stay 10 or more years. It’s not unusual for employees to stay for 20-30 years growing into new roles at the company until retirement!
Growth has demanded an expansion in the sales team for an added Account Manager, selling primarily to the NYC-Metro market, with 1-5+ years of industry experience (not necessarily in sales). This is the perfect opportunity for someone with drive to step into the world of sales. Ideally, the right person would have some industry experience within the personal care or cosmetics manufacturing world. This could include product development, contract manufacturing, formulation, regulatory, or engineering. Selling B2B of packaging or contract filling services would, of course, be great experience.
This role is a mixture of account management and new business development targeting the cosmetics and personal care industry which is located primarily in the New York City-metro area. Your responsibilities will be to drive sales growth, meet revenue targets, perform prospecting and new business development, conduct lead generation, and other duties.
A typical work week will include 3 ½ days in the field meeting with customer and prospects, a home office day and a ½ day at the corporate office. To be successful, this position will be trained by a season sales person, report to the president, and have access to inside sales support. Initiative and a positive attitude are needed to be successful in this lightly-supervised position.
- Managing the sales processes within each account and developing unique/engaging sales strategies to promote products
- Analysis of existing accounts’ performance and implementation of valid recommendations
- Gaining insight of competitor activity and performance
- Educating customers on new products and innovation to create awareness and demand
- Applying knowledge of the industry along with company products and services to assist customers and prospects in making informed purchasing decisions
- Car travel to customer locations to complete sales (less than 4 overnight trips per year, each less than a week)
- 1-5+ years of related technical (packaging, product development, manufacturing, engineering, or formulation/chemistry), sales or marketing experience in the cosmetics, personal care or pharmaceutical industries
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong project management and tracking skills
The company offers full benefits, vacation, car allowance, a competitive salary and a rich commission structure. Come join a growing team!
If you are an industry professional seeking a stable career, enjoy meeting and working with people, and are ready to drive success factors in a family-like work environment, send your resume to the information listed below. Be sure to include job ID# in your response 1020A.
Get Started Today
Call us at (609) 644-4940 or contact us online.